Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Das deutsche / the international Kawasaki Estrella BJ250 Forum Kawasaki Estrella Forum www.bj250.de
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 10 Antworten
und wurde 2.272 mal aufgerufen
 Off Topic
Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

11.08.2005 20:20
How's the weather? Antworten

Hi Claire,

how's the weather in New Zealand?
We had the snow in Autralia on TV. Very unusual as they say.
Same in New Zealand?

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

12.08.2005 01:32
#2 RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi Andreas

Yes I also saw the snow in Melbourne on the telly. Very unusal for there to be snow that close to the coast. Australia does have snow fields but a lot further inland and natuarlly not as good as the NZ ones!

It is still pretty cool here, but not too wet. Spring is in the air! I have been out for a couple of rides, but time is usually the problem not the weather.

What about you, how has your summer been?

Look forward to chatting again soon, it has been a bit quiet on this part of the forum. Are the english sepaking germans a bit shy?

Claire

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

12.08.2005 14:10
#3 RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Kia Ora Claire,

it has been spring or autumn weather for about a fortnight now.
"April weather" as we say in Germany. 15° to 20° Celsius and rain most of the time.
Portugal and Spain have had a hot periode like never before and we are drowning in the rain!
Thunder and lightning at the moment here in Dortmund even though the sun shines through a bright but cloudy sky.

The weather forecast says rain all weekend long again.

I rode to the "Fish Head Tour" - that's how pleople from the North (sea) call themselves - last weekend. 200 miles from Dortmund. Only one heavy shower on the way there. We (6 Estrelas + 3 W650s) had great luck on the tour on sunday. 100 miles and only one heavy shower - while we were having lunch. But the bad weather hit me on my 200 miles way back home on monday.

But 500 miles with my red Estrella in only 3 days!

CU
Andreas

Estrellitan ( Gast )
20.11.2005 00:21
#4 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi all and Andreas!
These days we're in very nice season in Japan. The beginning of winter or I can say "End of autumn" is the season I like very much, because I can enjoy not only "Estrella's exhaust sound, but autumn color in mountain. It's beautifull. Also, it's very important to protect myself against cold. The temperature of this period of the year in my homeland where I live is 15-16c in the daytime. In winter about 1-9c., and sometimes it shows -2 or -3c in the early morning, so I may need to watch out icy roads. I can say it's not so severe winter. But I suppose winter in Europe, specially in Northern Europe, the coldest winter affects you. Only way you can is to keep your Estrella in a garage? and looking forward Spring? How is?
But now, for kiwi riders It'll be best season.!! How is?

Thank you.
Estrellitan

Claire Offline

Amateur

20.11.2005 01:27
#5 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi Estrellitan

Yes the weather has been great for weeks now. It is spring heading into summer but unseasonaly dry, yippee. So plenty of time out on Hubert trying out my new BT45's.

Today is very windy, but where I live here in Wellington it is known for being windy, no air pollution that's for sure.

Hey Estrellitan do you follow Rugby? If so, sorry that Japan didn't get the hosting rights for the World Cup, also happy that NZ did!

Happy riding

C

Kiwis can fly!

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

20.11.2005 10:18
#6 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi Estrellitan

and ly welcome to this forum!

I think the German winter is comparable to the Japanese winter.
But it depends where you live in Germany. The South has a lot of snow and icy roads. In the area where I live, we normally only have 1 week of snow once a year. The snow normally comes arounf February.
But the streets may be icy and it's very cold from November till March. Highest temperatures between 5° and 12°C. At night between -5° and 5°C. It was still a little bit warmer in the Lower-Rhine-Area near the Dutch border where I lived before.

My Estrellas stand a long time in winter, but from time to time we go out for a ride!

CU
Andreas

Estrellitan ( Gast )
23.11.2005 12:31
#7 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi, kiwi rider!
Rugby is not so popular in Japan. A limited fun has focused to the hosting rights of World Cup I think. Rugby is not suitable for us. It requires more physical power and strength than baseball, soccer... Personally I should say one more World Cup Soccer in Japan..... Single Hosting Rights.
By the way, I like very much Kiwi fruit. Kiwi may can fly, but it's delicious
for me.

Estrellitan
A resident of a small planet

Cadfael Offline

ADMIN

26.11.2005 18:54
#8 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi,

Steffen published this wonderful photo in the German section.
He took the photo today about 15 miles South of Hamburg.

15cm / 6 inch in Dortmund, too! Very unusual for my region!

CU
Andreas

Claire Offline

Amateur

27.11.2005 09:25
#9 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

What a fantastic photo

If it is OK with Steffen I would like to use as my screen saver. I think it is gorgeous, but don't your feet get wet while you ride in all that snow

Cheers

C

Kiwis can fly!

Steffen Offline

Amateur

28.11.2005 15:20
#10 RE: RE:How's the weather? Antworten

Hi Claire,
Why certainly! It´s OK with me. I´m glad that you like it.
...but my feet didn't get wet...the picture is shot in my garden.

Steffen

ralfdieter34 Offline

Neuling

21.02.2019 11:48
#11 RE: How's the weather? Antworten

In Germany it is very cold.

«« King Kong
 Sprung  
Die deutsche Kawasaki Estrella Website - The international Kawasaki Estrella Website - - Impressum/Datenschutz
Xobor Ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz